|The Official Website of the Halifax Great War Heritage Society||
For the Halifax memorial, the Corporation opted for a replica of the Whitehall Cenotaph, and located this in Belle Vue Park. Designed by H. Scott Davies, it was unveiled by Sir George Fisher-Smith on 15 October 1922. It weighed 130 tons. Many years later, in 1988, it was moved to a new location in Duffy’s Park, next to the Halifax Parish Church (later renamed the Halifax Minster).
Left: Unveiling at Belle Vue. Stephen Gee Collection
Right: Current location at Duffy's Park